Both palliative medicine and hospice care focus on the larger perspective of a patient’s needs and well-being, rather than technological interventions as the course of your illness progresses. The goals of care are tailored to you and your family’s priorities and values, taking into consideration your physical, emotional and spiritual needs.
- No prognosis requirement
- Care can be provided alongside curative treatment such as, chemotherapy, radiation therapy, home health (physical or occupational therapies), IV hydration etc.
- Team includes: Physician, Nurse Practioner, Social Worker and Spiritual Counselor (If requested)
- Phone triage support available 24 hours a day/7 days a week
- Assist in procuring medication, supplies and durable medical equipment
- 1-2 visits per month from our Nurse Practioners
- You can forgo aggressive curative care
- Prognosis of six (6) month or less for your terminal diagnosis
- Team includes: Physician, Registered Nurse, Licensed Vocational Nurse, Social Worker, Spiritual Counselor, Certified Home Health Aide, and Volunteer (If requested)
- Phone triage support and after hour visits 24 hours a day/7 days a week
- Provide hospice diagnosis related medications, supplies and durable medical equipment